Hi guys today I have a bit of a different post for you! I want to show you how I clean my make up brushes. I don't use nastmy chemicals, or pre bought specialists things and my product I used is dirt cheap and works every time, leaving no residue and my brushes feeling softer and cleaner than ever!
It's under $5 too!
As the product says its Herbon botanical soap,
What do I use?
an organic soap that has no sulfates in it and no parabens or colours or anything unnatural in it that would be likely to damage the bristles. I mainly use synthetic brushes as I find them cheaper and easier to use in general. My favourite brush of all time is my Kabuki brush by nude by nature so that gets a lot of useage! I use that every time I apply foundation.
How often should I clean my brushes? I have to admit I am rather a lazy sod when coming to wash my brushes but I've given myself a promise to do it at least once a week. Our brushes do a lot of work so at a minimum you should do it once a fortnight.
How do I dry them?
You can buy brush guards for this purpose but so far I've never had any trouble with keeping the bristles in shape with this process. I wash them, rub them gently in a dry towel, then sit them up right in their container to dry overnight.
So that's what I do to wash and clean my brushes! I don't have top notch brushes but I do want to look after them so I get to keep them longer and not get any nasties on my face.
How do you wash your brushes?
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
How I wash and clean my make up brushes cruelty free beauty solution
- ► 2016 (51)
- body confidence vs body acceptance
- afterlight app review, How to take better photosgr...
- ulta3 illuminating foundation, cc cream and felt t...
- How I cover my redness and scars drugstore foundat...
- drugstore eye shadow palettes for the people who l...
- my week in pictures!
- Reward yourself to keep yourself motivated, living...
- how I contour a "fat" face (round face) fat girl f...
- The Awesome Kate from Face attire blog post swap! ...
- more soaps that I think are just as good as lush! ...
- are you in a nail polish funk? notd nail makeover
- How I wash and clean my make up brushes cruelty fr...
- an alternative pinup fashion shoot with girlfriend...
- long weekend perfect one pan brunch or anytime of ...
- nothing beats a home cooked meal that is perfect a...
- ▼ June (15)