Something I learned during my year 11 classes (I am a mature aged student who has gone back to finish her highschool degree) was in Literature it was more diverse than just reading a book. We read the rug maker, about an Afghan man who seeked asylum in Melbourne, Australia. I've learned a whole different view on asylum seekers. They aren't rats sheltering on a boat, needing to go back to where they have come from. They are people, seeking safety, a new home, a new family with open arms.
Many have lost their family and loved ones, or send their young children on a journey that we could never fathom. So for research sake and wanting to see what others lives were like I did some research and have stumbled across a unique initiative.
People who seek asylum will have lost weight due to not having enough food
Illness is therefore immanent
Hunger in children is a real thing
People are people. I believe that we become cold hearted because of the news and how it is broadcasted.
In truth we need to be more aware, kind and loving.
What are your thoughts?
links and credits can be found here
- ► 2016 (51)
- bipolar, my hidden demons. Disordered feelings
- my mac rant, worst mac experience ever!
- getting those greens in diet update V8Juice
- my thoughts on the Australis cream contour kit in ...
- deep set eye shadow make up for mature ladies wing...
- I'm obsessed with contouring, Australis acontour c...
- wish list
- They shouldn't have to go back to where they have ...
- September favourites where did September go?!
- Customizing skin oils for beautiful skincare
- Maybelline Babe skin pore eraser blog beauty produ...
- things that only youtubers will understand my late...
- the perfect blush for pale skinned girls Face of A...
- ▼ October (13)